Monday, September 18, 2006

Packing is such sweet sorrow

Undies. Check. Toiletries. Check. Belt, socks, clothes, meds, travel papers. Check.

Packing for a trip is one of my least favorite chores, next only to being on a plane with a 14-hour flight and bad in-flight movies ahead of you. I've never mastered the art of breathing properly when my ears begin hurting during descent. I'm usually horrified at how sour and dessicated I look at the end of the journey.

Good thing there's always the destination to look forward to. Last year I fulfilled a childhood dream when I travelled to Beijing and climbed the Great Wall. This time I'm off to Moscow, and I'm giddy as hell. Blame Robert K. Massie's "Nicholas and Alexandra" (okay, Pasternak's "Doctor Zhivago" by way of David Lean's movie as well) for my long-time fascination with the land of Pushkin, Tolstoy and Tchaikovsky. Now that I'm about to see the onion spires of St. Basil's Cathedral, I can't wait to snap my luggage shut and be done with the packing.

All this, of course, is my long-winded way of saying I'd be gone from this blog for three to four days. May the Force be with me. (Now, where to put this damn barong?!)

8 comments:

Carver said...

Have a safe and pleasant trip, Gibbs! :-)

Chris said...

kainggit! take lots of pics gibbs and show us! ingat!

gibbs cadiz said...

thanks, chris and carver! chris, meet THE carlo vergara of zsazsa zaturnnah fame. :)

gibbs

cecile said...

i agree. packing is such sweet sorrow. I hate leaving my boys at home, but I love the travel.
what's happening in Moscow?

andrea said...

pasalubong!gibsy babeh! =D

Abaniko said...

Enjoy Moscow, Gibbs! Do something outrageous on Sept 22 and tell us about it when you come back. Ingatz.

Anonymous said...

talaga naman ha...
enjoy your trip Koya...
hope to see you in one of my flights soon hehehe
bigyan kita ng madaming kosher meals hehehe

gibbs cadiz said...

hey cecile, DOT ulit, like our guangzhou trip last year. :) andrea, where's your new blog? abaniko, define outrageous, haha. lewis, try qatar airlines, it has a large contingent of pinoy FAs.

gibbs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search this blog or the Web

Loading...