Friday, June 22, 2007

Mabalos! (Thank you!)

Mathieu Ravier of Sydney, Australia, in 5 Up (Bloggers Who Think):

"A friend of mine recently told me that my blog was very analytical, 'very French.' I think he meant it as a compliment, but one can't be too sure (his writing, in fact, is not just intelligent and witty, it's personal and inspirational and hilarious). I guess there's not much humour there, and probably more logic than emotion. That doesn't mean I don't write from the heart, it's just the kind of guy I am.

"I've been given this lovely Thinking Blogger Award, and I'm now invested with the authority to pass it on to five bloggers who make me think (it's not as common as one might think)."

And then he puts me at number 3.

Gibbs Cadiz. Ah the Philippines...! One day I will visit and experience firsthand the rich Filipino film and theatre culture, glimpsed at through this fabulous blog. Movies are not the primary focus, but the writing is very cinematic. Both entertaining and thought-provoking, this blog is a gateway into a culture that's thrillingly different yet very familiar--and an important advocate for Filipino cinema.

Number 5 is film critic Noel Vera's blog, Critic After Dark. The other three blogs are from Seattle, Melbourne and Thailand.

Mathieu, mabalos! (That's "thank you" in Bicolano.)

Which reminds me: I have some more people to thank for the six nominations (so far) this blog has notched in the Top 10 Emerging Influential Blogs project of Janette Toral, plus some very encouraging words.

Paolo Mendoza of The Philosophical Bastard, for submitting the first nomination and describing this corner as "Informative at mataas ang entertainment factor."

Jap of Like Clockwork Orange: "Another recent discovery. I told Gibbs that even if it was my first time on his blog, I can already say that it's one of my favorites. Gibbs' passion for the performing arts and film is undeniable. I delight in reading his posts because you can rarely find play reviews or insider report from the Philippine stage scene."

Tess Termulo of Prudence and Madness: "This blog is more like a book/movie/theater play review blog. But I especially won’t forget about his post on creationism vs. evolution. Now, that made me want to watch 'Inherit the Wind.' If I can find it."

Benj Espina of for including me in "The Ten Blogs I'm Voting For."

And for the two other bloggers who submitted my name but whose links don't appear in my Technorati pages, you know who you are, mabalos man! Do holler if you're reading this so I can thank you properly.

To Samprasita, too, who, while not coming up with a Top 10 list, simply explained "Why I like these 5 blogs among the nominated emerging influential blogs." Of my blog, he (she?) wrote, "Because he's Gibbs Cadiz." Yey!

And to everyone who drops by, reads, comments, argues, kibitzes, shares opinions or simply lurks in this blog every day... Hmmm, how can I thank you all enough?


MANDAYA MOORE: Ang bayot sa bukid said...

well-deserved nomination gibbs. at kahit di ka na-nominate, isa ka pa rin sa binabasa ng marami.

AnneMac said...

uy, grabe. di ka na ma-reach. sabi ko na nga ba, dapat, nagpa-autograph na'ko sa'yo noon eh.

congrats, gibbs!

Annamanila said...

Bravo Gibbs Cadiz. I hope you win the award. Teka ... padamihan ba ng nomination yan. Inspiring by popular acclaim? Oh wel i guess i better come up with my list asap.

Marcus: Bading Down Under said...

Congratulations Gibbs! So many people have talked about your blog and now I can see why.

Perhaps one day, I can be less crass and be more like Gibbs. Beats not having any role models, eh? :-)

gibbs cadiz said...

hello MANDAYA, salamat at welcome back! ingatang wag nang ma-delete ang new blog, hehe. :)

hey ANNEMAC, hehe, autograph ka diyan. glad to see ya here again. :)

ANNA, uh, di ako mananalo dun. yeah, inspiring/influential by popular acclaim yata yun, hehe. :)

hi MARCUS, first time here, right? welcome and thanks for the comment. best of luck on your blog. write, write, write! :)

fruityoaty said...

Your blog is... just awesome... and well-deserving of any accolades that comes its way. :)

gibbs cadiz said...

hi FRUITYOATY! thanks for the comment. you've got an awesome blog too. let's trade links! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search this blog or the Web