Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Why I love Jessica Z.

“Who was it who told me to watch A Love Story? I hope you were kidding, because if you weren’t I’m going to have to euthanise you. The non-linear storytelling: different. The movie: a steaming turd. The sheer grinding obviousness. Wall to wall cliche. Rampant overacting. Relentless overscoring. The 45-minute drunken Aga self-pity orgy. The godawful phony melodrama. This movie should’ve been released months ago, there are enough tears shed onscreen to end any drought. Put those people out of their misery.” (“Danger: falling metaphors”)

7 comments:

Karla said...

@LOL: I watched this last week, wanting a good excuse to cry. It was terrible. But I still wanna know what you think of it!

beektur said...

What a hysterical comment from a hysterical woman. :) Writing as hyperdramatic as the movie(s) she abhors, without necessarily any substance. Supposedly assaulting images (steaming turd!) with no purpose or connection. The godawful phony intellectual viewpoint! Relentless hysteria posing as angst! Confused metaphors! That piece should have been written years ago, when she was in her third-grade composition class. Typical Jessica. That's why I never liked her writing. :)

carlotta said...

that entry of hers made me laugh. such terms she used! =)

the philosphical bastard said...

i might eventually watch this. wont be rushing for it now that i've read a review.

Gypsy said...

That sounds so much like what I would say about a movie I watched a long time ago starring Ryan Gosling, "The Notebook"..yuck. I wanted to go to the box office and ask for my money back...

gibbs cadiz said...

KARLA, lika coffee tayo, let's talk about this wretched movie, haha. :)

BEEKTUR, ampuso mo! but then, you've always hated jessica, haha. :)

CARLOTTA, there's a writer with true 'acerbic wit!'

PAOLO, watch it pa rin, so you'd have more fodder for your blog. hehe. :)

GYPSY, haha, didn't get to see that, but yeah, sa trailer pa lang super mawkish na. :)

the philosphical bastard said...

fodder.. i dont know what it means, but i like it! :P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search this blog or the Web

Loading...