“Golden Child” wll be performed in both English and Filipino under the direction of Loy Arcenas, who also directed “The Romance of Magno Rubio/Ang Romansa ni Magno Rubio.” Needed are actors and actresses adept in both languages and will be available for the run at the Cultural Center of the Philippines and provincial performances in Cebu and other cities. The roles to be cast as required are as follows:
1) Asian, 30’s to 50’s. Must have a sense of humor.
2) English or can speak with a British Accent.
1) Dragon woman, very much with gravitas.
2) Dragon woman, very shrewd, scheming. Must have good and subtle comic timing.
3) Ingenue. Tragic. Must carry emotional weight.
4) Girl who can pass for ten years old and speak with the voice of an 85-year-old woman.
Auditions for “Golden Child” will be today and tomorrow, December 15 and 16, 2-6 p.m. at the Bulwagang Amado Hernandez, Upper Basement, Cultural Center of the Philippines, with callbacks on December 18-19 at 9:00 a.m. Sides in English and Filipino will be provided during the auditions.
The rock musical “EJ: Ang Pinagdaanang Buhay nina Edgar Jopson at Evelio Javier” is written by Palanca Hall of Fame awardee Ed Maranan with music by The Dawn under the direction of Chris Millado. Auditions are scheduled on December 19-20, 5-9 p.m., at the Bulwagang Pambansang Alagad ng Sining, 4th Floor, Cultural Center of the Philippines. Those interested must be prepared to perform a song of their choice and another song from the album “Tulad ng Dati” by The Dawn.
For inquiries, please call Tanghalang Pilipino at telephone number 8323661 or 8321125 loc. 1620 or 1621. Visit the Tanghalang Pilipino website www.tanghalangpilipino.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.