Friday, December 28, 2007

Lea Salonga in Jan. 19 Iloilo concert

Stage and recording star Lea Salonga is set to perform in her first-ever Iloilo concert at the Iloilo Centennial Resort on January 19, 2008. It will be one of Lea's rare concert appearances for the year as she is set to embark on the Asian tour of the musical "Cinderella" starting July, which will take her to China, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand.

Musical director Gerard Salonga will conduct the 33-piece Global Orchestra for this one-night only concert that will feature a well-chosen repertoire of Broadway, standards, pop, and OPM favorites. Special guest will be hometown boy Jed Madela, who will duet with Lea on several numbers. Chari Arespacochaga directs.

The Iloilo concert is produced by MYOB, Philmedia, and Little Boy Productions. Tickets can be purchased by calling (033) 5088191 or 3376962 or by visiting the concert booth at the SM City–Iloilo.


the spy in the sandwich said...

we wanted this in dumaguete, but ang mahal ni lea!

Anonymous said...

Lea will also have a Bacolod concert a week before the Iloilo concert.

La Salle Gymnasium, January 12!

Anonymous said...

Ooops, Lea just announced in her blog that the Bacolod concert is postponed. :(
Here's what she wrote:

Complete Vocal Rest... Bacolod Concert Cancelled
Jan 7, '08 6:17 AM
for everyone

I went to see my doctor today... he's instructed me to go on complete vocal rest for a while. I've got laryngitis and pharyngitis, pre-nodules on and inflammation of my vocal chords, not to mention coughing up loads of mucus. So, it is with deep regret and sadness that I have to postpone my Bacolod concert.


I guess this is God's way to make me rest. I've been running at full throttle these last few weeks, what with packing up our house, going on a cruise and caring for a toddler. My body just decided to shut down, forcing me to stay put and rest. And rest is what I shall do.

I'm sorry to my fans in Bacolod, but we shall reschedule the show for January 26.

Haaaaaay, I hate being silent.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search this blog or the Web