Monday, December 24, 2007

On the blink

My PC went bust, and right on the day when I had planned on uploading an exclusive Christmas video. Aargh, that'll have to wait for the New Year, I guess. My monitor had begun sporting this message saying I was running dangerously low on disk space, so I began copying files, pictures and videos to CDs and deleting them from the hard disk. Not content with that, I also fiddled with the program files and removed a few that I thought I didn't need--games and such.

Ayun, I must have deleted something else by accident, because the next moment I couldn't browse anymore either with Firefox or Explorer, and my Nero, Limewire and other applications wouldn't load. Help is coming only after the New Year, says my IT friend--a complete reformatting, which he says is easier than restoring whatever it was I stupidly removed (System restore's no help!).

Oh, well. Call it auspicious--New Year, new slate. But, oh, the aggravation. While everyone's having sumptuous noche buena tonight, I'd be having withdrawal symptoms at not being online. Bah, humbug.

Sige na nga, Merry Christmas! :)

11 comments:

P0ytee said...

Ouch! Good luck with your PC. Hope you get it fixed soon.

Ayan kasi.. nagmamarunong.. Joke! :) Happy Holidays, Gibbs!

ruff nurse-du-jour said...

Merry Christmas Gibbs!

From your friendly neighborhood nurse,
Ruff :-)

muddynights said...

been following your interesting blog for sometime now. just thought i should drop you a line and say merry christmas!!

vincedejesus said...

Want a PC joke? Get it? PC... PC...

Yeah, whatever. Merry Christmas, Gibbs!

MISTERHUBS said...

Note to self: don't fiddle with program files.

Merry Christmas Gibbs! :-)

Rudy said...

Computer problems notwithstanding, I hope you'll have a merry Christmas and a blast this coming new year, padi. :-D

-snglguy-

Fire Eye'd Boy said...

"reformat" is just a fancy word for "what-did-you-delete-this-time-you-low-life-redneck" used by techs :-P honestly though, had you asked me, I would've given you the same suggestion. wahahah

HAPPY CHRISTMAS, GIBBS!

AJ of Baklaako.com said...

"Puno da daw kase, te!" LoL!

Happy Christmas Gibbs! See you soon!

RodyV said...

what vince de jesus is actually saying is: get a mac. waaaa!

beektur said...

merry christmas to you,your dad and mom and your brother.

aryo said...

on-line on christmas eve? talagang ganun na ba kalamig ang pasko natin? :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search this blog or the Web

Loading...