Says Rody Vera, who forwarded these gems: “Eto ang malupit... mga comments ng mga nagmamagaling. I find [this] funnier--kasi itong mga ito hindi ninenerbyos nung sinulat nila ang mga comments na ini. Ilan lang ba sa atin ang tuwid ang ingles pag ninenerbyos?”
Korekek! Not clear where they came from, but I'm guessing these comments sprouted in online forums that went into overdrive tsk-tsking Janina's improbable win. Their authors, as you can see, are so deserving of that fine admonition: “Physician, heal thyself.” Or, if they're too dense for it, perhaps a gift of a mirror?
1. “THE BLAME WILL GOES TO THE ORGANIZERS..SA SCREENING PA LANG DAPAT DI NA YUN NAKAPASOK..BKIT KC DI MGA ARTISTA INI ENCOURAGE NILA SUMALI? MGA MODEL? DAPAT KC KAHIT DI TAGA GMA PINASALI NILA. GANUN BA SILA MAG SCREENED? DIOS KO SA TAGAL KO NA NANOOD NG BEAUTY PAGEANT ITO NA ATA ANG PINAKA WORST AS IN ITO TALAGA..HIMALA NA LANG ANG PAG ASA NG MGA YUN!”
2. “i dont think this is funny. guys let us not be so self-righteius.”
3. “ang galing ni janina i guest she deserve that.”
4. “Poor Janina, the nation almost hates your triumphant. You don’t deserve the title. Sheila is correct you’re better to go back in elementary school for remedial class, surely you will learn and could able to speak English fluently and correctly. Please, don’t be arrogant next time if someone is asking you simply, by the time the host asked you, how do you feel tonight, you’re just only answering, 'No, I’m not pressure' is that a correct answer. how dare you... All i can say, you should learn more in English language, read English reading materials and practice your pronunciation.”
5. “i think she do not deserve to be bb.pilipinas world. even a grade one student know simple subject-verb agreement. plus, being a mass communication major, she must know the right pronounciation of words. she kept apologizing about her nervouseness...”