Thursday, July 03, 2008

Thank you, Lea, and welcome to the Inquirer!

"In the blogosphere, finding something to write about is never difficult for me. I’ve written about my nervousness, singing in unfamiliar vocal territory... a good belly laugh from a show I had just seen... driving from New York to Washington DC on a Sunday afternoon with only a latte and the radio for company... waiting hours for my flight to take off... music that blows me away...

"However, [for] the Entertainment section of this newspaper... Will I find suitable subjects every week?

"This can’t be a celebrity column; Dolly Anne Carvajal already has a good one, and I have no wish to invade her territory. I'm not out to write theater reviews; Gibbs Cadiz is far more eloquent (I’m a subscriber of his blog and a fan of his writing). I’m not a great interviewer; Bayani San Diego is, though, as I’ve had the pleasure of quite a few conversations and interviews with him."

-- "From my weird, wonderful world," by Lea Salonga, debuting her new weekly Inquirer Entertainment column called "Back Story"

P.S. Blogging in-between flights at the the Barcelona airport en route to Manila. Miss ko na mag-blog, aargh. See ya all!



9 comments:

R-yo said...

Pare, big time ka na talaga. Biruin ko, si Leah Salonga, fan mo lang? Pa-autograph! :-) At nag-eespanol ka na rin ngayon! que barbaridad! :-D

Misterhubs said...

Miss na kita Gibbs. :-)

Howie said...

Hi Gibbs, Still waiting for your review of the virgin plays we saw... ; >

hao

yvarra17 said...

waiting for your recent trip's blog "con los matadores y los espanoles muy simpaticos!" perhaps diva Lea can use it in her backstory while she longs to be Evita with the latin angst and passion from spain. ay, que caliente!

irene said...

sabi ko na nga ba iblo-blog mo yung kay lea. bongga! miss na kita. =) looking forward to the travelogue.

The Coroner said...

I hope she can write as well as she can sing.

oc hometheater said...

i am waiting for your review on virgin plays

gibbs cadiz said...

R-YO, hehe, wala ako nare-remember sa four years of spanish classes ko, waah! :)

miss ya too and the hubby, MISTERHUBS! :)

HOWIE! haha, nagkita pa lang tayo sa labfest. let's see what i can come up with. thanks for dropping by, and for supporting theater. :)

YVARRA, muy bien! haha, thorry, yun lang ang alam ko. :)

IRENE, behave kayo diyan sa office, wag guluhin si lito! :)

THECORONER, she does. do read her blog. :)

OC, erm, di ko lahat napanood because of my trip. but i'll see what i can come up with. pressure, pressure! :)

beektur said...

write a book! at least make an outline now. i can see a long line of theater people waiting to write blurbs :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search this blog or the Web

Loading...