Friday, September 19, 2008

Farewell, Ms. Joy

Our condolences to the family of theater actress Joy Soler de Castro, who passed away at 10:45 last night. The cause was cancer. Ms. de Castro, a respected member of the local theater community and wife of the late film critic-director Pio de Castro, served as the Executive Director of Tanghalang Pilipino, CCP's resident theater company. In 2007, she won the Aliw Award for Best Actress in a non-musical role for her last stage outing, PETA's Walang Himala. She was also in the cast of Clodualdo del Mundo's Pepot Artista, adjudged Best Film in the first Cinemalaya Independent Film Festival in 2005. Ms. de Castro's body was cremated at 8 a.m. today at Loyola Chapels. Her remains lie in state at St. Alphonsus de Ligouri, Magallanes Memorial Chapel #2, until Sunday, September 21.

2 comments:

TheBachelorGirl said...

Oh my gosh! I didn't know. I had the honor of working with her in Anton Juan's Larawan. My prayers for her and her family...

Anonymous said...

I didn't know since I'm in Los Angeles, CA. She was my boss during my stint with ATF'88 (Asean Tourism Forum). She was the Secretary General at that time. She was really good and I owe to her what I am today! May my dear boss & teacher rest in peace! Jerome Perez
(streetfox1001atyahoodotcom)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search this blog or the Web

Loading...