1. The Philippine Blog Awards organizers and judges, for recognizing Arts and Culture, and for choosing this blog as the first honoree in the category.
2. My family, particularly my parents--for the life lessons in reading, writing, learning, being open to new things. A gushy, wordy blog on arts and culture is a natural offshoot of the kind of upbringing I've had.
3. The readers! All those who've found time to visit and linger in this corner--whether you left a comment or not, and if you did, whether crabby or not. I appreciate the effort.
4. Friends, both offline and online, with special props to the good people I've met through blogging (some of you won, too--congrats!). This activity has taken me much farther than I'd thought possible; it's always a blast to have companions and kindred spirits along for the ride, if only to shove you to take that next step. [Oo na, I'm seriously thinking of Plurk and Twitter!]
5. The quote-unquote old-media company I work for, for the dream job I have. (North Korea's a bust; where are you sending me next?) And my boss, who thinks it's cool that I blog and have one foot in the quote-unquote new media world.
6. Lastly, the Filipino Theater Artist, because he/she is what I write about mostly in post after post after post. It is a thrill to be a fan of some of our country's best talents; it is a privilege to be able to honor their hard work and heroism with this blog. Without their stories, I'd probably still have a blog. But it won't be as exciting as this one, and it won't win this award. So this recognition is really for them.
7. And to all those who clapped and hollered when my name was called last Sunday--good work, your check's in the mail.