Wednesday, November 05, 2008

President Obama!

By a landslide, 338-155. Money quote from his Chicago victory speech, and what I feel is the defining mark of this man's character: “I will listen to you--especially when we disagree.” After the long dark night of the Bush years, dawn has come to America. “The Great Work Begins,” as Prior Walter says at the end of Angels in America. What an extraordinary time to be a citizen of the world, witnessing this seismic moment in history.

PLUS: “No, I didn't vote for Obama”

3 comments:

TheBachelorGirl said...

I actually cried tears of joy when I read the news. May his term bring the change the whole world needs...

imladris said...

What a great joy to wake up the next morning knowing that Barack Obama brings the promise of renewal and hope and civility to the Oval Office.

I am truly glad I'm a Filipino-American.

beektur said...

what a great moment to be a resident of chicago. sus, nakikisali lang. everywhere right now are colors -- yellow, orange, red, burnt magenta (!!) on the trees and streets, the grey sky gives way to a pale, bright blue, the great michigan lake a deeper, more somber bluegreen and on to the white house a black -- no, a creamy mocha president. sus ulit, makapagkape nga.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search this blog or the Web

Loading...