1. FEU Art Theater Clinique's Sa Bunganga ng Pating, libretto by Juan Cruz Balmaceda, music by Leon Ignacio. Directed by Joey Ting, with overall musical direction and orchestration by Chino Toledo. Stars singer-actress Joy Viado and ATC resident student-artists. It has one more show left, today, 6 p.m. at the UP Theater, as part of the UP Sarsuwela Festival 2009. Tickets (P75 each) are available at the Sarsuwela Office, UP-CAL Dean's Office (9287508)
2. Tanghalang Ateneo's Lysistrata, by Aristophanes, adapted into Filipino by Jose F. Lacaba, under Ricky Abad's direction. February 19-21, 24-28, March 3-7, 7 p.m.; February 21, 28 and March 7, 2 p.m., at the Rizal Mini-Theater, Ateneo de Manila University. For tickets, call Bea Gulinao 0917-8269686 or Bettina Santos 0906-2141409.
3. George de Jesus III's Kung Paano Maghiwalay, produced by Stage Right Theater Productions, Inc. and starring Madeleine Nicolas, Bituin Escalante, Aiza Marquez, Gilleth Sandico, Gem Padilla, Juliene Mendoza, Eric dela Cruz, GA Fallarme, John Lozano, Erwin Flores, Kristine Balmes, Lorna Lopez and Bembol Roco. Remaining playdates are February 21, 23 and 24, 10:30 a.m., 1:30 and 4:30 p.m. at the Bulwagang Balagtas, PUP Library. For tickets, call 0915-7859325, 0922-8559139 or 0928-9077777.
4. Ateneo Blue Repertory's Bare, a musical written by Jon Hartmere Jr. and Damon Intrabartolo, with Ana Abad-Santos directing. Features Amos Francia, Bibo Reyes, Delphine Buencamino, Rem Zamora and Jenny Jamora, among others. Ongoing until March 7 at the Fine Arts Exhibit Hall, 3/F Gonzaga Hall, at the Ateneo De Manila University. Show dates: February 17-21, February 24-28 and March 3-7, all at 7:30 p.m. For tickets, Call Alexa Yupangco 0917-7220805.
5. Tag-Ani Performing Arts Society's revival of the landmark play Pagsambang Bayan, written by Bonifacio P. Ilagan, direction by Behn Cervantes. The national tour kicks off with two performances on February 25-26 February 2009, 7 p.m., at the Bahay ng Alumni, University of the Philippines in Diliman, Quezon City, in partnership with the UP Repertory Company. First provincial outing on February 28, 4 p.m. and 7 p.m., at the Emilio Aguinaldo College Auditorium in Dasmarinas, Cavite. For bookings, 0920-9461975/0922-8010792, fax 9305236 or e-mail email@example.com.
6. Dulaang UP's Ang Kiri, also as part of the UP Sarsuwela Festival 2009. Libretto by Servando de los Angeles and music by Leon Ignacio. Featuring Tassy Garrucha, Joaqs Valdez, Red Concepcion, Mitoy Sta. Ana, Ricky Ibe, Edna Mae Landicho, Jacinta Remulla, Jules de la Paz, William Manzano and the Dulaang UP Ensemble, under Dexter Santos' direction. Feb 25, 26, 27, 6 p.m., UP Theater. Tickets (P75 each) are available at the Sarsuwela Office, UP-CAL Dean's Office (9287508)
7. UA&P Kultura Desk's You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown, The Broadway Musical, based on the comic strip Peanuts by Charles M. Schulz. Book, music and lyrics by Clark Gesner, additional dialogue by Michael Mayer, additional music and lyrics by Andrew Lippa. Directed by Sweet Plantado-Tiongson, choreography by Red Concepcion and starring a cast of UA&P student and alumni actors. Runs February 27-March 8, 2009, at the Dizon Auditorium, G/F, Development Communications Bldg., University of Asia and the Pacific, Ortigas Center. For ticket and seat reservations, call Marion 0915-5353413 or Marie 0917-8334564. Visit http://uapcharliebrown.multiply.com and http://kulturablog.com
8. Repertory Philippines' I Love You Because, an Off-Broadway musical retelling of Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice, with lyrics by Ryan Cunningham and music by Joshua Salzman. Stars Harold Cruz, Caisa Borromeo, Kyla Rivera, Gabs Santos, Anna Santamaria and Onyl Torres, with Robbie Guevara directing. Showing on all weekends from February 13 to March 8, with Friday and Saturday shows at 8 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday matinees at 3:30 p.m. For ticket inquiries, call Ticketworld 8919999 or the REP office 8870710. Visit www.repertory.ph or www.ticketworld.com.ph
9. PETA's Saan Ba Tayo Ihahatid ng Disyembre?, written by Tony Perez and directed by Nonon Padilla Jr. Stars Angeli Bayani, Eric dela Cruz, Lex Marcos, Juliene Mendoza, Jack Yabut and Alison Segarra. Ongoing until March 15, Fridays 2:30 and 7:30 p.m., Saturdays and Sundays 10 a.m. and 3 p.m., at the PETA Theater Center, QC.
10. Ballet Philippines' Neo-Filipino, featuring the revival of BP founding artistic director Alice Reyes' classic dance piece Amada, as well as two world premieres of new dances. Performances on March 12,(8 p.m.), March 13 (3 p.m./8 p.m.), March 14 (3 p.m./8 p.m.), and March 15 (10 a.m./3 p.m.) at the Tanghalang Nicanor Abelardo (Main Theater) of the CCP. For tickets, call Ticketworld 8919999, CCP Box Office 8323704l or BP 5510221/5511003/8326011. Visit www.balletphilippines.org
11. Tanghalang Pilipino's ZsaZsa Zaturnnah, Ze Muzikal, based on the comic book by Carlo Vergara, adapted for the stage by Chris Martinez, directed by Chris Millado. Music and lyrics by Vince De Jesus. Stars Eula Valdes, Tuxqs Rutaquio, Vince De Jesus, Joey Paras, Nar Cabico, Arnold Reyes, Lauren Novero, Red Anderson and the Tanghalang Pilipino Actors' Company. Extended until March 8, Sunday, at the CCP Tanghalang Aurelio Tolentino (Little Theater). For ticket reservations, call 8323661 or 8919999.
There. I'll worry about this blog while shivering in wintry Madrid and Santiago de Compostela in Spain--from where the pasalubong for the best commenter will come. Hasta la vista!