Saturday, May 02, 2009

Kafkaesque

What has happened to me so far: Pa dies very suddenly, a typhoon rages on the second day of the wake knocking out power and flooding the entire town--including the funeral chapel; we hold vigil by candle and emergency light, me all alone from the immediate family because all flights to bicol get cancelled, forcing mom, brother and sister to go by van. now they can't get through because the one bridge linking sorsogon to legaspi's been washed out, which puts the monday interment in doubt. It's all so absurd and over-the-top I find myself laughing more than crying.

20 comments:

Tristan Tan said...

Gibbs, hugs.

john stanley said...

gibbs, this gives new meaning to "when it rains, it pours".

hugs to you.

LAURA C. said...

Condolences, Sir Gibbs.

Anonymous said...

Condolence gibbs

Jason said...

i'm sorry to hear about your dad. my prayer goes out to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

gibbs, condolence

fmontserrat said...

My condolences, Gibbs. Your friend Pao would like to express the same.

bleue said...

Gibbygibbz! Condolence!

Anonymous said...

Gebs ingat dyan... di na rin kami pumunta ng bicol sa wake naman ng tito ko, pero umuwi ako ng Quezon lang. Met your sister for the first time sa bahay nyo. Binigay ko yung mass cards namin nina erwin ke mommy last Thurs. -Allan

chris said...

Condolences.

ian said...

condolence, Gibbs. sorry to hear about your father. God bless you and your family.

Dennis N. Marasigan said...

Gibbs,

Please accept our deepest condolences for your loss.

Mikey_Liling said...

My condolences, Gibbs.

Marge M, blog follower said...

Sorry to hear about your loss.

reyjr said...

Condolences to you and your family.

snglguy said...

My condolences to you and your family, Padi.

Kevin said...

I'm sorry to hear that.

Condolences, Sir Gibbs.

dtayona said...

Condolences Gibbs. I heard of your dad's death from my friend and your co-bicolano - andre garra.

p.s.
On a lighter note, having listed all those things happened, it does sound pretty surreal.

Em Dy said...

My condolences, Gibbs!

gibbs cadiz said...

dear friends, THANK you for the prayers and the kind words of support and sympathy. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search this blog or the Web

Loading...