Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Adam Lambert: 'I’m going to glue rhinestones on my eyelids, bitch!'


The American Idol runner-up (and rightful winner in our book) officially comes out in the new issue of Rolling Stone.

“I don’t think it should be a surprise for anyone to hear that I’m gay... Right after the finale, I almost started talking about it to the reporters, but I thought, ‘I’m going to wait for Rolling Stone, that will be cooler’... I didn’t want the Clay Aiken thing and the celebrity-magazine bullshit. I need to be able to explain myself in context.

“I’m proud of my sexuality,” Lambert adds. “I embrace it. It’s just another part of me.”


[Video of his Rolling Stone photoshoot--the eyeliner! the leather! the preening!--here.]

Fabuloso. And that cover is breathtaking.

7 comments:

cb :: 林偉文 said...

i read an excerpt from perezhilton. i think it's good. if it weren't for the producer imposed media embargo, he would've probably done it earlier.

i love kris and everything but he's never gonna be half the singer and performer that adam is.

Anonymous said...

liberation? everybody knew he was gay. he never hid it. as for his look on the cover, we've seen all these during the AI. the look is so overdone, predictable and so cliche. it would have been refreshing to show him freshly scrubbed and a simpler get-up.

Rainbow Runner said...

that inviting "stare" reminds me of the pop princess --britney, back in her hey days! :-)

http://bittenandbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/early-rolling-stone-cover-photo.jpg

i love adam lambert!

Anonymous said...

Clay Aiken. Ewwwww.

gibbs cadiz said...

ey-men, CB! :)

ANONYMOUS, sure, everybody knew he was gay, but was it talked about publicly on the show? did he acknowledge it? nope, not ever during the entire run. that's the whole purpose of the splashy magazine story--that he's formally, OFFICIALLY doing it now--and on his own terms. re getting him to look clean and freshly scrubbed--what, and become another kris allen? what'd be the point in that? :)

IAN! hehe, britney fan ka pala! ikaw ba yung umiyak sa youtube, shrieking leave britney alone???? :)

Annamanila said...

Adam was half inside the closet during the AI run hoping he wouldn't turn off the homophobes in America, land of the free and the liberal. (sarcastic hahaha).

Still I preferred Kris and it doesn't have anything to do with sexuality. He is talented and appealing in a down-beat aww-shucks way that appealed to my conservative taste. I managed to vote for Kris, through a friend in Arizona. :)

gibbs cadiz said...

you managed to vote for kris? hahaha, ANNA can be such a fan! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search this blog or the Web

Loading...