The stakes just got much bigger with Sony Ericsson's very generous offer to give away a brand-new SE C903 Cyber-shot phone as the first prize for any contest I can think of in this blog--and I've got one now. Thank you, Sony Ericsson. To spread the largesse, I'm also widening the coverage of the new contest and throwing in prizes for the second and third spots as well. Here goes:
1. Watch any or all of the six plays currently running or about to open in Manila in a few days (Trumpets' NOAH, Dulaang UP's Amphitryon, PETA's Ismael at Isabel, Tanghalang Pilipino's Madonna Brava ng Mindanao, Tanghalang Ateneo's Metamorphoses and Atlantis Productions' Spring Awakening) and blog about them--in whatever way you choose.
You may write about only one play, or all of them, in English or Filipino. Again, no editorial input from me; what you write is entirely your call. I'll be looking for two things: quality of insight and clarity of expression--how compelling your views are and how well you express them. Whether I agree with your point or not will not be a factor. (See our last blog contest, on the Virgin Labfest 5, for pegs.)
2. Once your entry is up, leave a comment/link here (you may want to bookmark this post for easy retrieval). Since five of the six plays have started their runs, those who've blogged about them before this announcement are free to likewise enter their entries in this contest. For Multiply users, leave a comment/link in my Multiply site.
3. The entries will be winnowed down to the Top Three. I may or may not ask other people to help me choose the winning entries.
4. The contest runs from today until Monday, October 19, by which time all five plays would have finished their runs. Winners will be announced on or before Wednesday, October 21, through e-mail and an entry here.
The covered plays
1. Tanghalang Ateneo's Metamorphoses runs until September 26 at the Rizal Mini Theater, Ateneo de Manila University. For tickets, call Ivanna Pacis 0905-2412107 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Dulaang UP's Amphitryon runs until September 26 at the Wilfrido Ma. Guerrero Theater, 2nd floor, Palma Hall, UP Diliman, Q.C. For tickets, call 9261349, 4337840, 9818500 local 2449 or 2451.
3. Trumpets' NOAH (No Ordinary Aquatic Habitat) runs until September 27 at the Meralco Theater. For tickets, call 6354478, 0917-8842105, 0932-2705639 or Ticketworld 8919999.
4. Tanghalang Pilipino's Madonna Brava ng Mindanao runs until October 11 at CCP's Tanghalang Huseng Batute. For tickets, call 8323704, 8919999, 8321125 locals 1620 and 1621, telefax 8323661 or e-mail email@example.com
5. PETA's Ismael at Isabel runs until October 17 at the PETA Theater Center, Quezon City. For tickets, call 4100821, 7256244, 0917-8044428 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Atlantis Productions' Spring Awakening opens this Friday, September 25, and runs until October 18 at the Carlos P. Romulo Auditorium, RCBC Plaza, Makati. For tickets, call 8927078 or 8401187.
First prize: Sony Ericsson C903 Cyber-shot phone (5-megapixel camera, GPS for geo-tagging, auto rotating 2.4” display, TV-out function, Face Detection, Smile Shutter, Best Pic, Media Go entertainment organizer--full product overview here), currently retailing at P18,000+.
Second prize: An Astoria Plaza gift certificate entitling the winner to overnight accommodations for two persons at a one-bedroom suite, with free breakfast. The GC is good until November 3, 2009. More about Astoria Plaza's full-serviced residential suites here.
Third prize: Brand-new hardbound edition of Dan Brown's latest blockbuster novel, The Lost Symbol.
Additional prizes for honorable mentions might come in, like the last time. Who knows? Do help me inform everyone about this contest and the plays covered by reposting in your blogs and/or mentioning in your Facebook and Twitter.
Enjoy the show/s, and start blogging now!