The production is in search of actors/singers/dancers for the following roles:
1. Lead female character MEI LI, a new immigrant from China, 20's, soprano
2. WANG CHI YANG, a Chinese opera actor and immigrant to San Francisco, 50's, baritone
3. WANG TA, a Chinese-American, son of Wang Chi Yang, 20's, tenor
4. CHIN, wise old family friend of the Wangs, 60's, baritone
5. LINDA LOW, a Chinese-American showgirl, 20's, mezzo
6. MADAME RITA LIANG, a Chinese-American talent agent with strong comic timing, 40's, mezzo
Auditionees must have had previous acting experience in musical theater productions. They are requested to come prepared with two songs, one of which should be from the musical and the role that he or she wants to audition for. Please bring musical score for piano if accompaniment is necessary. Also be prepared to show a 2-minute dance routine and do a short reading.
The musical is slated to be staged at the CCP Tanghalang Nicanor Abelardo (Main Theater) from October 15 to November 7, 2010 under the auspices of the Cultural Center of the Philippines. Noted stage director and designer Loy Arcenas will direct the musical from the new book by David Henry Hwang, based on the original script by Oscar Hammerstein and Joseph Fields.
Other members of the artistic team are choreographer Edna Vida and costume designer Gino Gonzales. Executive Producer is Nestor Jardin.
Those interested to audition for the musical are requested to bring their bio-data and one close-up and one full body photograph. For details, please contact Bernie Abella at 8321125 loc 1111 or Clottie Lucero 8321125 loc. 1606 or 1607.