Sunday, March 21, 2010

Fabcast: Ah, the pain of first love, part 1

Young, deeply closeted gay man writes me a heartrending letter sharing the pain and confusion he's been going through as a result of his first brush with, uhm, in his case, still the love that dare not speak its name. The long, candid e-mail is a pure expression of pain that leaves me feeling inadequate. I ask the letter-sender if he'd allow me to share part of his e-mail with the Fabcasters and our friends, many of whom--as far as I can tell--are far advanced in the dating and romance departments and so might have more pertinent advice, alternatives and comforting words to offer, on top of my own puny contributions. That, plus the chance to talk about his story in a light, friendly, welcoming and (can't be helped) fun setting--the better to impart the sense that, hey, kiddo, you're not alone. We get you. The guy says yes! Hence part 1 below. Hope this helps, man. Thanks for trusting us with your story.

Download this fabcast (right click and save - 25 MB)

Music credits:
Pressure by Billy Joel
Read 'Em And Weep by Barry Manilow
Your Song (instrumental) by Craig Armstrong
Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart by Alicia K


closet case said...

"hope this helps, man"?!?

gibbs, you've turned dude? from duday? hihihi

didinskee said...

I'm sure he appreciated it. Wish I had something like this too, in those twilight years.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search this blog or the Web