The Virgin Labfest YEAR 8 is now open for script submissions. One-Act plays and Full-Length play scripts are accepted. The Virgin Labfest is an annual festival of unpublished, unstaged, untried and untested works for the theater held in the middle of the year (June to July) at the Cultural Center of the Philippines. This festival is a partnership project of the Writer's Bloc, Inc., Tanghalang Pilipino, Inc. and the Cultural Center of the Philippines.
The Virgin Labfest is open to submissions of the following written works:
1. one-act plays
(maximum running time: 40 minutes)
2. full-length plays
(minimum running time: 1 hour 20 minutes; maximum running time: 2 hours)
3. All submitted works must NOT have previously been
- published in book form;
- staged commercially for more than two performances (staged readings, one-time workshop productions are allowed);
- awarded any literary or drama recognition in competitions and the like
4. works may be in Filipino or English.
The festival is open to various themes and genres. While we continue to uphold this principle, this year, however, the Virgin Labfest hopes to include works that fall into these categories:
1. Regional Language plays: plays written in Hiligaynon, Cebuano and/or Ilocano.
2. Plays for children (special venue)
Submission Deadline is on MARCH 31, 2012
Send your submissions either
1) in .doc or .pdf format only to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
2) deliver at least two hard copies of the manuscript to
Performing Arts Department
Cultural Center of the Philippines
Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City
Submissions should indicate name and contact address of the playwright.